30+ Real Ways to Earn Money From Home – The best and most legit ways to earn money from home without ever having to get a new job.
Before I had kids, I used to think that it wouldn’t be a big deal to leave the house and have a job while having a family at the same time. I’d see women saying that it was so hard to leave their babies and I just never got it… until I had my son. And my whole world changed
One look at his little face, at his fat fingers, and his perfect little tuft of blonde hair, and I never wanted to leave him again. The day he was born was the day that I decided with my husband to stay at home with him.
Neither of us had any idea the kind of sacrifice that was going to need to happen in order to live off of one income. My husband made $17,000 take-home each year and we were really not well-off. But we were committed to one of us staying home with our son.
After a year of single-income life, I started to look into ways to earn money from home. But everything was… well, sales-y. And I am NOT a salesperson. I didn’t want to be part of any multi-level marketing or join someone’s team… I just wanted to find a way to help out my husband when it came to the bills each month.
Right then, I decided that I needed to find real ways to earn money from home.
One day, I decided to start an in-home daycare. I watched kids before and after school and even had one child in a full-day daycare.
I thought we were living large when I started to bring home $200/week (which was a lot when you’re used to a $650 paycheck every other week). To you, that might not seem like a lot, but it was the seed that was planted in my mind (that eventually grew into my blog): what are some other ways to earn money from home?
I found other side hustles that worked and I started finding new ways left and right that added income to my family. Before I knew it, I was paying for our grocery bill with just the money earned from my side hustles!
If you’re a new mom out there wondering how you can make it on one income, I want to share with you that you aren’t alone and that there are some very real ways to make money without ever having to peddle a multi-level marketing product.
30+ Real Ways to Earn Money From Home
This is a running list that will continue to grow as more and more people are finding new and real ways to earn money from home.
- Swagbucks ($30/month easily)
- Bestmark ($150/month or more)
- Usertesting ($120/month in less than 60 minutes of work)
- In-home daycare ($125/ child/ week depending on where you live and the hours)
- Before/after school daycare ($50/child/week depending on where you live and the hours)
- Pet sitting ($25/day or more depending on where you live)
- Housesitting ($20/ trip to the house or more)
- Selling on eBay ($100 or more for cleaning out your closet)
- Taking easy surveys ($25+/month easily)
- Virtual assisting (This can be a full-time gig – $500+/month per client)
- Pinterest Virtual Assisting (This can be a full-time gig – $200+/month per client)
- Teach English from home online (This can be a full-time gig – $20+/hour per client)
- Online tutoring (This can be a full-time gig – $50+/hour per client)
- Music teaching ($20+/hour)
- Proofreading (This can be a full-time gig – $500+/month per client)
- Money saving apps (Get $50+/month in cash back on things you already buy)
- Blogging (This can be a full-time gig – $500+/month from various different streams of income; there are bloggers making $100,000/month!)
- Amazon Mechanical Turk ($50+/month doing easy tasks for Amazon)
- Sell crafts & more on Etsy (This can be a full-time gig – $50+ depending on what you sell & how active you are on Etsy)
- Sell your clutter on Craigslist ($50+ for cleaning out the closets or selling an old TV)
- Rent out your unused garage/shed ($100+/month for someone to store a car or a bike in your unused shed)
- List a spare bedroom on Airbnb ($50+/night depending on location, size, and privacy)
- Rent out your car ($10/hour)
- Being an Amazon FBA (This can be a full-time gig – $100+/month easily)
- Voiceover work ($25+/hour or $100+/ gig – can be full-time work)
- Data entry ($10+/hour)
- Freelance writing ($100+/post depending on length, subject, etc.)
- Editing (Smaller gigs, but can still be $.05/word or flat fees of $50+/gig)
- Graphic designing (Can be full-time or can be done on Fiverr, Etsy, or just case-to-case – $25+/gig depending on complexity, etc.)
- Selling your photos to stock photo sites ($50+ for high-quality images to sell to stock photo sites)
- Flipping thrift store finds (Can be a full-time gig if you know what you’re looking for – $100+/month starting off)
- Public speaking (This can be a full-time gig – $100+/gig depending on the subject, popularity, audience size, etc.)
Everyone is different.
So what worked for me might not work for you. But I can honestly say that just by doing my top favorite side hustles, I could pay for my groceries for my family of 5 in less than a month after starting.
I wouldn’t feel good about this if I didn’t put some friendly reminders out there for you. There are a LOT of people out there who will try to take advantage of people who are trying to make money from home. There’s even a list of common scams to be aware of.
But here are the red flags of scams to be careful of in a nutshell:
- Anything asking you to pay to join is a scam.
- Trust your gut.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Avoid “joining someone’s team” and other multi-level marketing; as far as I’m concerned, these are mostly scams and almost 95% of people lose money and never make anything back.
- Never give out personal information like a social security number, bank account numbers, etc.
- Set up a Paypal for your side hustle money. Most places will pay out using Paypal. This is safest for everyone involved.
You don’t need to go to work in order to make money. There are tons of different ways to earn a very real living doing things that you love from home.
Related posts to help you get started with real ways to earn money from home
- How I Earn Money as a Stay-at-Home Mom
- How to Start a Profitable Blog the Right Way
- Side Hustles That Work: Make Money Taking Surveys
- How Bloggers Make Money
- Side Hustles That Work: Pay for Back to School Watching Videos
- 6 Easy Ways to Make Money From Home
- Side Hustles That Work: Secret Shopping from Home
- Make a Full Time Income Proofreading
- How to Start Using Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers
- Before You Start A Side Job, You NEED This…
- Best Money Saving Apps You Need
- Side Hustles That Work Challenge!
- 5 Side Hustles That Pay For My Groceries (and More!)
- Side Hustles That Work: Make It, Sell It!
What do you do for a side hustle?
Get the FREE Money Saving Calendar!
Money troubles got you down? Don't know where to start to fix it?! Constantly overwhelmed by money!??!?
Get daily tips to fix your finances in less than 10 minutes each day!