50+ Easy and Fun Ways to Make $1000 a Month From Home – If you need to find a way to make extra money without getting another job, I’ve got some ideas for you! The tips and ideas are perfect for working online from home as a busy mom to bring in extra cash every month.
Too much month at the end of your money? It’s the worst feeling, right?
Which is why I’m in love the idea of sharing the ways to make $1000 a month from home! There are so many different ideas out there and these are just the beginning!
Starting with my personal favorites that I think will make you the most money possible.
Start a blog to make extra money.
Of course, this one is going to be the first on my list of different ways to make an extra $1,000 a month due to the fact that I am a blogger and I write online. I’m currently earning around $10,000 a month as a mom of 3 kids, and you can read more about how in my monthly online income reports.
I created CarolineVencil.com almost 3.5 years ago and I have been earning a full-time income after 14 months.
Blogging changed my life for the better, and it allows me to earn thousands of dollars a month, all by doing something that I love while still getting to be home with my kids.
I started my blog to keep myself connected to the world after having my third baby. I felt like I would never have any more human interaction again and I needed an outlet. I knew that you could make money blogging, but I had no idea how it worked.
After 6 months and taking a class that finally stopped me from spinning my wheels and wasting my time, I started to make money each month. It was the most incredible feeling in the world – I was helping people, meeting people, contributing to the world, and making money all while getting to stay home with my 3 sons.
And, unlike a lot of full-time work from home job, blogging is quite affordable to start, and it’s easy as well.
At $2.95/month, you won’t find a better way to make money from home talking about what you love. And you don’t need any formal training to get started – you just need a laptop and ideas and you can make it work!
Blogging has allowed me to take control of my life and earn money from home. It’s allowed me to work when I want, how much I want, travel across the country, have more time with friends and family, and so much more!
It’s easy to tell that blogging has changed my life. And I encourage everyone to start a blog to share their views, tips, help, and lives – you never know what might happen when you start your own blog!
I recommend checking out the only 2 courses that you should take as a blogger:
That was the course that I took that took me from working 50+ hour weeks and making $.17 in a month to making a full-time income in less than 9 months. It is a full blogging course that takes you through everything from picking out your blog name to writing killer posts to social media growth and more.
The other course that I always recommend is my friend Michelle’s online course for bloggers, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. Michelle earns over $100,000 a month through affiliate marketing and she shares her exact strategy and tips in this very informative online course. If you’re a blogger (even if you’re a new blogger!), then you NEED this course.
Did you know that you can get paid to answer surveys and test products? They’re free to join and free to use!
It’s best to sign up for as many as you can as that way you can receive the most surveys and make the most money. I usually start a new Gmail account for these survey accounts. This way my regular inbox isn’t inundated with these surveys when I don’t have the time to take them.
It also protects against potential spam; one company (who was put out of business thanks to this) sold people’s emails to spammers. Since then, I’ve used a separate email address for the surveys.
Survey companies I recommend as one of the ways to make extra money include:
Teach English to earn money from home.
Did you know that you may be able to teach English online to children?
VIPKID is a company that allows you to work from home, create your own schedule, and earn $18-21 per hour (many teachers are earning over $1,000 per month) all while teaching English online.
They are currently in high need of teachers, too! This company has been featured on Forbes, CNBC, Wall Street Journal, Woman’s Day, and more.
Here are the VIPKID teacher requirements:
- Applicant must have an Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum one year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education.
- You need internet and a computer.
- Lesson plans, course materials, etc. are all provided by VIPKID.
- You should have fun teaching engaged children.
You can apply to teach through VIPKID here.
Babysit or nanny to earn extra income.
Babysitters can earn a very pretty penny. We pay our 15-year-old sitter $15-20/ hour. I have friends who nanny for $20/hour for 1 kid.
The pay may change, but the point still remains: watching kids pays well. As long as you have the patience, you can make money from it.
Run an in-home daycare.
Along the same lines on nannying or babysitting is having an in-home daycare. This is similar since you’ll still be watching kids, but it will be in your home and on your terms.
I did this for a year while my husband was working and we were trying to save up money to buy a house. I watched 2 children full-time and 1 part-time after school and made about $500 each week.
Since I was already home with my son, it seemed like a no-brainer to just add another 2 kids to the mix. Plus, I got paid for the same time I spent with my son now.
Mow lawns for a side hustle.
Mowing lawns can actually be a profitable business. I know of a few people who constantly have mowing jobs. They make somewhere around $30 to $50 per lawn and do around 20 to 30 lawns a week.
If you’re already doing lawns, then there may be other services that you may be able to add as well. You could also clean gutters, do seasonal yard cleanups, garden, and more.
Depending on where you live (like anywhere in the North or the Midwest), there isn’t grass that needs to be mowed all year-long. BUT there is snow and ice that needs to be taken care of during that time! Shoveling people’s walkways and driveways is a great way to earn some extra money as well.
If you have a truck and can get a snowplow, there is even more money to be made from that kind of contract work. Depending on where you live, you could be making a few hundred dollars each time it snows!
Become a bookkeeper to earn money from home.
Ben, the founder of Bookkeeper Business Academy, explains how becoming a bookkeeper may be a possibility for you.
Ben helps people start and grow their own bookkeeping business with his online bookkeeping course.
And, guess what? You don’t have to be an accountant or have any previous experience!
In this interview, we talk about:
- What a bookkeeper is.
- The typical clients a bookkeeper has.
- How much new bookkeepers earn.
- How to become a bookkeeper.
- The positives and negatives of bookkeeping, and more.
Learn more at Make Money At Home By Becoming A Bookkeeper.
Sign up for free courses that will teach you how to make an extra $1,000 a month.
There are many great free courses that will teach you how to make an extra $1,000 a month and more.
- How To Start A Profitable Blog FREE Course: With this free email course, I show you exactly how to create a blog, from the technical side (it’s easy – trust me!) all the way to earning your first income and attracting followers. Each day for seven days, you will receive an email in your inbox that will help you create a successful and profitable blog, all from the very beginning. You can sign up here!
- Make Money Online As A Freelance Writer Or Virtual Assistant: Kayla is a professional writer and virtual assistant. In just six months, Kayla was able to earn over $4,000 per month as a writer. You can grab the FREE Virtual Assistant Boss printable to see if you have some of the skills that it takes to become a Virtual Assistant (spoiler: YOU DO!)
- How To Work From Home Selling On Amazon FBA: The first year that Jessica’s family ran their Amazon FBA business together, working less than 20 hours a week total, they made over 6 figures profit! Check out her website for more information on how to work from home selling on Amazon FBA. Jessica also has a FREE 7 day email course that will help people understand all of the basics of this business. I recommend signing up for it now!
- Make Money Proofreading By Becoming A Freelance Proofreader: In her first year working full-time, Caitlin made slightly over $43,000 by being a freelance proofreader, while also going on several fun vacations. Caitlin also has a great FREE 7 day course just for people who want to stop wasting time and start making more money with their proofreading skills. I definitely recommend that you check it out.
- How to Flip Things for Profit & Sell on eBay: My friends Melissa and Rob make more than a full-time income from their flea market flipping (and they do it all with 3 little kids, too!). They made this awesome FREE training for you to learn how you can do it too!
Other jobs you could do to make an extra $1,000 a month include:
- Walk dogs.
- Sell services on Fiverr.
- InboxDollars is an online rewards website I recommend. You can earn cash by taking surveys, playing games, shopping online, searching the web, redeeming grocery coupons, and more. Also, by signing up through my link, you will receive $5.00 for free just for signing up!
- Teach another language.
- Use Ebates when you shop online for free cash back. If you sign up you can also score a free $10 cash back through my link.
- Substitute teach.
- Post on social media –If you have social media accounts, you may be able to make money by posting advertisements on your accounts. One company that is popular for this is Izea.
- Rent out your house to vacationers.
- Become an Uber or Lyft driver – Spending your spare time by driving others around can be a great money maker. Click here to join Uber and start making money ASAP.
- Sell items online.
- Get into peer lending.
- Part-time retail job.
- Take part in research studies.
- Mystery shop.
- Coach/referee at a school and/or a sport.
When it comes to starting a side job, there are so many ways to earn extra money. Think about something that you are good at and you will be able to find a job to put that skill to good use!
Find more awesome ways to make money from home here:
- How to Become a Virtual Assistant and Make a Full-Time Income Doing It!
- 7 Survey Sites that Are Actually Worth It
- 10+ Ways to Make Money From Home This Year
- How to Work at Home as a Transcriptionist
- Make a Full Time Income Proofreading
- Make $40,000 per Year From Home as a Bookkeeper
- How to Start Selling on Amazon FBA and Make a Full-Time Income
- How to Make Money as a Freelance Writer
- How I Earn Money as a Stay-at-Home Mom
- 5 Side Hustles That Pay For My Groceries (and More!)
- How To Make $20 an Hour Teaching English from Home
Get the FREE Money Saving Calendar!
Money troubles got you down? Don't know where to start to fix it?! Constantly overwhelmed by money!??!?
Get daily tips to fix your finances in less than 10 minutes each day!