Ready to make BIG bucks from your blog? Don’t miss the FREE 3-DAY VIDEO TRAINING, BLOGGING MADE SIMPLE! You can get even more exclusive freebies for the secrets to a successful blog from mega-blogger and 7-figure earner, Ruth Soukup! SEATS ARE LIMITED! SIGN UP NOW!
Did I mention that coffee is my favorite?
Iced coffee, more specifically. I love everything about it. I especially love how it takes me from a mom-bie to a real person in no time at all.
I worked at Starbucks for 4 years, and their iced coffee is still my favorite. I’d go there 3 times a day if I could! But going to Starbucks all the time is not cheap (plus it breaks one of my cardinal rules of living on one income).
So I needed to find a way to make delicious iced coffee at home. I found a few ideas on Pinterest about “the best recipes,” and I’ve tried most of them, but I keep going back to the way it was done back at Starbucks.
This method is easy, it doesn’t take too long from beginning to end, and it’s not wasteful like some other methods are.
Here’s how it’s done at Starbucks:
- Your favorite coffee
- Brew coffee double strength (if you want 8 cups of iced coffee, scoop 8 heaping tsp. of coffee and 4 cups of water). It works even better if you have one of those fabulous coffee makers that has a “bold” setting! Always brew on “bold” if you can.
- Pour coffee into a big, temperature appropriate container (some plastics shouldn’t have hot things put in them, and if you use glass, make sure that it’s made for hot things!)
- Add in 4 cups of ice and stir.
- Transfer to a glass pitcher for the fridge.
- When you’re ready to drink some, fill a cup half way with ice and pour coffee over top. Add sugar and milk and stir.
You can tweak the amount of ice you add to the hot coffee if you prefer the coffee to be stronger.
You can also make coffee ice cubes! Yes, that’s right. No watering it down that way!
Just pour room temperature of cold coffee into ice cube trays and you’ve got yourself some amazing coffee cubes. You can use them in iced coffee, homemade lattes, smoothies, or just to suck on when it gets hot outside!
Do you make your own coffee to save money?
Get the FREE Money Saving Calendar!
Money troubles got you down? Don't know where to start to fix it?! Constantly overwhelmed by money!??!?
Get daily tips to fix your finances in less than 10 minutes each day!