The Best Easy At-Home Date Night Ideas
Let’s be real: nothing in the course of our life has been more difficult on a marriage – even the most amazing, strong, and stable marriages – than life right now. Add on top of just, ya know… LIFE… that if you’re living on a tight budget, making special time together has never been more difficult.
At-Home Date Night Ideas
- Movie Night – who doesn’t love a good movie night? You can cut out a list of movies you both want to see and pull one out of a jar. You could do a marathon like Star Wars or Marvel. You could make it fun and buy your favorite movie theater snacks and have them at home!
- Make your own charcuterie board – this is one of my personal favorites! It can get kind of pricey if you go all out, so if you’re wanting something simple – buy an assortment of pepperoni, pita chips, and cheese spreads. Throw in some grapes and almonds and voila! You have yourself a cheap and easy charcuterie board over conversation and a glass of wine.
- Beer or Wine Tasting – speaking of wine, having a beer or wine tasting at home is the perfect date night! Go to your local grocery store and purchase some craft or local beers and a few bottles of wine to taste together. If you’re feeling fancy, you could even pair it with your “make it yourself” charcuterie board!
- Cook Together – find a fun recipe you’ve both been wanting to try and make it together! Check out this article that has 9 different recipes to try when you’re cooking together for the first time. Put some Michael Buble or Frank Sinatra on in the background and it sets the perfect mood for this at home date!
- Build a fort and have a picnic – This one will take you back to your childhood real quick! You could build a fort in your living room or bedroom and eat a picnic inside or watch your movie from it! It’s so much fun!
- Ask each other questions – There are tons of games or books out there with questions to ask your significant other! You can keep them fun and light or some even go deeper if you want!
- Play board games – Who doesn’t love a good board game or card game?! Order a pizza and have a game night.
- At home spa night – This one will save you a ton of money rather than going to a spa! Pour a bubble bath, light some candles, break of the essential oils and lotions and give each other massages.
- Go for a drive – Pack a picnic or eat beforehand and head out for a drive around your community! Find some music you both like to listen to and blare it, or you can even play the question game on your drive!
- Themed dinner night – Cook a meal with a theme and dress accordingly! For example, you could cook a Hawaiian dish and dress like you’re at the beach or on vacation! Keep it fun!
- Make s’mores over a fire pit – Buy a cheap firepit and some wood and roast s’mores in your backyard under the stars! If you don’t want to buy a firepit, you can always wrap them in foil and put in the oven to melt for a bit.
- Dream – Make a meal or order in and spend some time just simply talking and dreaming about your future and goals together. It sounds simple, but you’d be surprised how much you can bond over this kind of communication and developing goals together!
- Do something to serve someone together – Doing things for other people as a couple is a great way to bond and grow together! For example, you could offer to watch your friend’s child while they go out, or you could write letters to friends and family together.
- Get crafting – You can do a fun craft together like making homemade soap, painting together (hello Bob Ross on Netflix!), or some other craft. You could even make these “Open When” letters together from The Dating Divas!
- Home Projects – doing home projects and decor is always a great way to bond! Pull out that project you’ve been meaning to work on together or even do some gardening together!